A Homegrown Cookout for Father’s Day
There’s nothing like the smell of juicy meat from smoky beef patties cooking away on an outdoor grill — and we’re pretty sure that Dad agrees. So what’s stopping you from treating him to a good old-fashioned cookout for Father’s Day?
If you’re wondering how you can pull it off, then worry no more because Malagos Homegrown Produce got you covered. So, what do you cook on such a special day? A feast of meat would be nice but you also don’t want to overdo it; it’s a cookout, after all. We don’t want anything that’s too fussy and we know that your dad would appreciate anything that involves grilling (and drinking beer).
Add a little bit of zest to your cookout menu and serve up a few appetizers for everyone to munch on while you’re grilling. For starters, you can serve up a salad with a homemade vinaigrette or some salsa with tortilla chips. You can even start serving up some beverages like a cold beer or cocktails garnished fruit. Then, throw in some mini burger patties, barbecue meat or spice-rubbed chicken/ chicken inasal on the grill for an easy main dish. If you have room for dessert or more appetizers, try whipping up a grazing board with some Malagos cheese, fresh fruits, Malagos Chocolate, and some cold cuts.
If your dad loves grilling and you want to surprise him with a Father’s Day barbecue, give these Malagos Homegrown Produce meal kits a try. They’re special enough to be served on a holiday, but casual enough that everyone will be able to kick back and enjoy Dad’s company!
Here’s how you can make-ahead grilling party plan for Father's Day:
There's no better way to celebrate dad than to throw a cookout or a backyard feast. But don't wait until Sunday morning to prep for the big celebration. Our make-ahead grilling recipe tips will ensure you have a stress-free Father's Day full of fun, food, and family time!
- Start with a simple salad- the best thing about this appetizer is that the greens provide the fiber that will help your body digest all those meats. Toss a simple mix of fresh lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and cucumber with homemade vinaigrette and serve. All of your salad needs are available at the Malagos Homegrown Produce.
- Night-before prep is key - Prepare your greens the night before. Wash and chill your greens before serving them so you can make sure that they are crisp and not soggy.
- Eat at a leisure pace while enjoying good conversations - holidays like this usually give us a time for our family to bond and talk. Since this is a cookout at home there’s no need to eat in a hurry, chew well, and don’t miss out on getting and giving a heart-to-heart talk with the family.
- Keep it cool – You can save yourself some time and space in the kitchen if you take out the meat for defrosting earlier in the day. Make sure that what you’re grilling is not frozen but also not too defrosted - just cold enough to go on the grill.
- Purchase your grill kits ahead – shop your Davao online food meal kit at the Malagos Homegrown Produce 2-3 days before the big event. Choose between a Backyard Mini Burger Grill Kit, a Backyard Grill Party Pack, or both party packs. The burger kit comes with beef patties, mini burger buns, lettuce tomatoes, Malagos Chevre Cheese, and herbed butter steak sauce. The grill party pack contains meat for grilling – pork barbecue, marinated pork belly, marinated chicken inasal- and some tomatoes, red onion, eggplant, and cucumber that you can serve on the side.
DIY food for Father’s Day just got easier and better with the Malagos Homegrown Produce’s father’s day bundles.